“What’s new in Everlance?” This article is updated each month to answer exactly that question. You'll find the newest changes at the top, followed by a log of earlier improvements as you keep scrolling.
Check back regularly to stay up-to-date on new features as we're continually enhancing our product, fueled by feedback from customers like you. Have a suggestion for how we can better meet your needs? We want to hear it!
We have fine-tuned existing features to improve both the Admin and driver experience on the app and the Web Dashboard, as well as added increased visibility into an employee's current status by building the Export feature on the Member page.
Image and PDF Viewer
Want to review receipts quickly? You can now check images attached to a trip or transaction by hovering on the paperclip or PDF icon in the report detail for an enlarged view for easy access.
Trip and Transaction update
Our trips and transaction app page has gotten a makeover! Drivers can now review and edit their trips and expenses on a simpler screen instead of scrolling to enter all necessary information.
When creating a transaction on the Everlance app and completing the Merchant field, it now dynamically searches for the merchant name and location, so you do not have to enter it in manually! This capability should improve accuracy if your employees don’t always spell merchant names correctly or select the right location.
Export Team User List
We now offer our Driver Checkup Bundle to any customer using Everlance as their reimbursement solution. This includes Compliance Verification and Motor Vehicle Records (MVR checks) to help you proactively reduce the risks that come with having employees driving for your business.
Maintain employee compliance with your policies by using Everlance to verify driver’s licenses and insurance coverage.
- Track compliance for all your drivers right from your admin dashboard
- Help employees stay compliant with timely notifications
- Make it easy for drivers to submit documents from the app
Learn more here >
Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Checks
Regular MVR checks will reveal any recent violations in your employee’s driving history, so you can proactively intervene and reduce the likelihood of an accident if needed.
It's now easier than ever to locate a report on the Dashboard! With our updated filter options, you can now search with: Status, Report ID, Submitted by ID (Employee email or ID #), Submitted On, and Approved by, or Approval On.
We launched a smoother, more flexible experience for team and member management in Everlance, with an updated design and powerful behind-the-scenes upgrades. Get ready for a big update!
All the tasks you used to handle via the Team Members section of the Home page are now accessed from dedicated Members and Teams pages found in the menu. They also offer more functionality to save you time and enable you to better customize Everlance to your organization.
A dedicated page showing all your Members makes it simpler to find specific employee(s) and make updates to them.
- Search for members by name or employee ID, in addition to email
- Filter down the list of members by Role or Team
- Select and edit the Role or Team of multiple members at once
Before a "team" was the equivalent of a group of people who all have the same manager, but we know that's not necessarily what defines a team. Now, the definition of a team is much more flexible to reflect any group of people. That means a team can:
- Have multiple managers, all of whom have visibility into the team's members and can approve member reports, or
- Have no direct manager
From the Teams page, you can easily create a team, search for a team and access the Team Profile to update its managers and other settings.
We've changed the names of some of the Roles to better reflect how they're typically used. While you may see a change in the Role assigned to someone, rest assured there has been no change to their permissions:
- "Admin" is now known as "Manager." The term has a clearer meaning, and we generally recommend anyone who's managing others and needs visibility into all of the members of their team and sub-teams be given this role.
- "Manager" is now known as "Manager Limited." The "limited" in the name reflects the limited situations in which it's applicable.
Account Owners (formerly know as Root Admins) will also see two new Roles available to assign:
- "Super Admin," which gives all the same permissions and access as the Account Owner, so they can do everything in Everlance and help manage your account
- "Reviewer," which applies to teams managing license and insurance verification through Everlance (join the compliance waitlist on your dashboard and look out for more details in the next update!)
As you interact with the dashboard, you should also notice the experience is smoother, with faster load times and fewer glitches. We almost completely overhauled the fundamentals on which the dashboard is built so it is more stable and can better handle "large" requests.
Learn more about the new way to manage members and teams, including a video tour of the enhancements and Quick Reference Guide for common tasks.
New Admin Controls
Three new Team Settings help you customize the employee experience in Everlance and accurately reimburse drivers according to your policy.
- Expense tracking via bank integration: Depending on whether your team uses Everlance for expense management, decide if employees can integrate a personal bank account or credit card. Allow it to make adding expenses easier, or remove the option for a simpler user experience if it’s not useful. Learn more >
- Long session trip tracking: Control whether employees can choose Long Session for their trip recording style, based on how much visibility you want and your commute settings. Turn it off to see every stop a driver makes and ensure commute disallowances are accurate, or leave it on so they have fewer trips to manage. Learn more >
- Member-specific commute disallowances: Should Everlance deduct your company’s default commute amount, or a member-specific amount if it’s available? Now you can specify it with a setting, and ensure that any member-specific amounts are not used, even if you had them before. Learn more >
Faster Trip Tagging
For teams that require your drivers to tag trips before submitting them, this update is for you. Your employees can now save time by adding tags to multiple trips at once. On the Trips screen of the app, they just select the trips they want and tap the new option to “Add tags”!
With the new Commute Disallowance feature, you can save time and reduce reimbursement costs by automating the removal of commutes from reimbursable mileage.
- Customize commute settings to how your organization calculates commutes
- Easily implement policy changes with a few clicks on your dashboard
- Ensure a fair reimbursement for every employee with dynamic disallowances based on actual miles driven
From your dashboard, set and update your entire team's commute disallowance with just a few clicks.
Trip and Expense Tags
Tags are the smart, flexible, and easy way to organize your team’s information in Everlance. Add customized tags to label, sort and filter your trips and transactions any way you want.
- Create tags that speak your organization’s language—no need to change your current classification system
- Centrally control what tags are available to team members for consistent reporting
- Add as many tags as you need to a trip or transaction to capture key information
- Use tags for both mileage and expenses to better understand spend across categories
To add tags for your team, please contact your Customer Success Manager or email us at email@example.com.
Dashboard Report Submission
Employees now have the option to submit reports for reimbursement on their Everlance web dashboard, in addition to the mobile app. The bigger screen can make it easier for them to review trips before submission and ensure reports are accurate.