Did Everlance miss your trip using the automatic tracker? As a reminder the "start tracker" feature will always be the most accurate method, but below is a list of things that may have gone wrong:
1. Have you enabled Location Services? Location services need to be turned “ON”.
You can do this by going to:
- Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Everlance> On
2. Is Wi-Fi enabled? Having wi-fi enabled significantly helps with the accuracy of the tracker. Also, having wi-fi on is more efficient than GPS for your phone data and battery . You can turn on WiFi by going to Settings > Wi-Fi > On.
3. Do you have the latest version of Everlance? With every update we make improvements to the tracker, so make sure you are on the latest version.
- You can update the iOS app by clicking here
- If you see an "Update" label you know there's a more current version available
4. Is your phone updated to the latest IOS? Apple makes big improvements every time they have an update for the phone and this can affect the Everlance app as well as we write our software with the latest stable version in mind.
- Settings > General > Software Update > Download and Install Update
5. Were your trips shorter than half a mile? Trips within a half mile radius may not qualify as a trip in which case the app will not record it.
6. Have you checked the tracker by starting a trip manually? If the auto tracker is not picking up your trips you can test to see if there is an issue with the app or your GPS by starting your next trip with the Manual Tracker.
- Tap on the '+' button at the bottom then > Start Tracker > Click Start > When trip is over click Stop
7. Is your device damaged? If your phone has been dropped or water damaged recently this can have an effect on the phones GPS and Wifi which can lead to missed trips. If so please check with your local app store or Contact Apple.
8.Have you opened Everlance recently or is your device low on memory? Your phone will terminate or suspend an app that is running in the background if your phone is low on memory to make resources available for more recent apps. In addition to running fewer concurrent apps on your phone an easier trick here is to frequently open the Everlance app to categorize your trips.
- Check to see what other apps are running on the background. This can have a big impact on memory in addition to how many tabs you have open in your browser. To check double tap home button > swipe up on app you do not need to run in the background.
If you are still experiencing issues and this list has not helped please contact us at email@example.com.