Mileage adds up very quickly! If you noticed that a trip didn't get recorded here are the most common reasons, for trips being missed:
1. Not opening the app for multiple weeks or months.
- How it happens: Since the Everlance app utilizes multiple sensors in your phone (GPS, motion, and fitness) it is always recommended to open the app, once a week at least, to make sure everything is correctly running in the background and to enable the app to reconnect with the phone sensors.
- Solution: Contact support and we can help walk you through how to add past trips in. In the future, please open the app at least once per week (although multiple times a week is better).
2. No trips appearing on your phone but do on the web.
- How it happens: The phone may be reset for the year and so all your trips from last year are logged under 2021 and the phone filters are showing trips for 2022.
- Solution: The fix for this is simple. On your Home screen, select "This Year" on top right of mileage chart > Select "Last Year" > You should now see last year's trips.
3. Have you enabled Location Services? Let's check the main "Settings" page of your iPhone to make sure Everlance has the permission it needs to function properly:
- "Location" services need to be turned “ON” and set to "Always"
- "Precise Location" enabled (see second screens for example)
- "Background App Refresh" enabled
- "Cellular Data" enabled
- "Allow Tracking"
You can review these settings by navigating to the main "Settings" of your iPhone > scroll down and tap on "Everlance". The settings that appear should be adjusted to match these screenshots.
4. Is Wi-Fi enabled? Having wi-fi enabled significantly helps with the accuracy of the tracker. Also, having wi-fi on is more efficient than for your phone data and requires less battery. You can turn on WiFi by going to the "Settings" of your iPhone > tap "Wi-Fi":
5. Do you have the latest version of the Everlance app downloaded to your iPhone? With every update we make improvements to the tracker, so make sure you are on the latest version.
- You can update the iOS app by clicking here.
- If you see an "Update" label you know there's a more current version available.
6. Is your phone updated to the latest IOS? Apple makes big improvements every time they have an update for the phone and this can affect the Everlance app as well as we write our software with the latest stable version in mind.
- Navigate to "Settings" > Tap "General" > Tap "Software Update" > Download and Install Update (if there is an update available)
7. Were your trips shorter than half a mile? Trips within a half mile radius may not qualify as a trip in which case the app will not record it.
8. Have you checked the tracker by starting a trip manually? If the auto tracker is not picking up your trips you can test to see if there is an issue with the app or your GPS by starting your next trip with the Manual Tracker.
- Tap on the '+' button at the bottom then > Start Tracker > Click Start > When the trip is over click Stop
9. Is your device damaged? If your phone has been dropped or water damaged recently this can have an effect on the phone's GPS and Wifi which can lead to missed trips. If so please check with your local app store or Contact Apple.
10. Have you opened Everlance recently or is your device low on memory? Your phone will terminate or suspend an app that is running in the background if your phone is low memory or low battery to make resources available for more recent apps. In addition to running fewer concurrent apps on your phone, an easier trick here is to frequently open the Everlance app to categorize your trips.
- Check to see what other apps are running in the background. This can have a big impact on memory in addition to how many tabs you have open in your browser. To check double-tap the home button > swipe up on the app you do not need to run in the background.
Have questions? You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you can contact us at (872) 814-6308 (USA Only). Our Live Support hours are 9am-5pm EST Monday-Friday and 9am-1pm EST on weekends.
Please sign in to leave a comment.