Update for August 2020: Just a heads-up up to our Apple users! Some users have reported tracker issues which has resulted in missing trips! We did a little digging and looks like the new iOS update (v13.5.1) affected the the tracker’s performance. To fix this, we recommend that you check out these quick troubleshooting steps to reset your tracker (our support team is always happy to assist with this at firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Double-tap the home button and swipe all apps up off of the screen.
- Open your device settings and turn on Airplane Mode
- In your device settings, visit "General" < "Reset" and choose "Reset Location & Privacy Settings"
- Turn your phone off then back on.
- Open your device settings again and visit Privacy > Location Services > System Services, Setting timezone Off and back On.
- Make sure "Airplane Mode" has been disabled, and that your WiFi is connected.
Here are other, more common reasons, for trips being missed:
1. Not opening the app for multiple weeks or months.
- How it happens: Since the Everlance app utilizes multiple sensors in your phone (GPS, motion and fitness) it is always recommended to open the app a few times in a week at-least to make sure everything is correctly running in the background and enable the app to reconnect with the phone sensors.
- Solution: Contact support and we can help walk you through how to add past trips in. In the future, please open the app multiple times a week.
2. No trips appearing on your phone but do on the web.
- How it happens: The phone may be reset for the year and so all your trips from last year are logged under 2018 and the phone is showing trips for 2019.
- Solution: The fix for this is simple. On your home screen, select "This Year" on top right of mileage chart > Select "Last Year" > You should now see last years trips.
Any other issues? Please contact us at email@example.com or chat with us in the app.
Here are some other common reasons a mileage tracker can miss a trip here and there:
1. Have you enabled Location Services? Location services need to be turned “ON” and Everlance needs access set to “Always.”
You can do this by going to:
- Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Everlance> On
2. Is Wi-Fi enabled? Having wi-fi enabled significantly helps with the accuracy of the tracker. Also, having wi-fi on is more efficient than GPS for your phone data and battery . You can turn on WiFi by going to Settings > Wi-Fi > On.
3. Do you have the latest version of Everlance? With every update we make improvements to the tracker, so make sure you are on the latest version.
- You can update the iOS app by clicking here
- If you see an "Update" label you know there's a more current version available
4. Is your phone updated to the latest IOS? Apple makes big improvements every time they have an update for the phone and this can affect the Everlance app as well as we write our software with the latest stable version in mind.
- Settings > General > Software Update > Download and Install Update
5. Were your trips shorter than half a mile? Trips within a half mile radius may not qualify as a trip in which case the app will not record it.
6. Have you checked the tracker by starting a trip manually? If the auto tracker is not picking up your trips you can test to see if there is an issue with the app or your GPS by starting your next trip with the Manual Tracker.
- Tap on the '+' button at the bottom then > Start Tracker > Click Start > When trip is over click Stop
7. Is your device damaged? If your phone has been dropped or water damaged recently this can have an effect on the phones GPS and Wifi which can lead to missed trips. If so please check with your local app store or Contact Apple.
8. Have you opened Everlance recently or is your device low on memory? Your phone will terminate or suspend an app that is running in the background if your phone is low on memory to make resources available for more recent apps. In addition to running fewer concurrent apps on your phone an easier trick here is to frequently open the Everlance app to categorize your trips.
- Check to see what other apps are running on the background. This can have a big impact on memory in addition to how many tabs you have open in your browser. To check double tap home button > swipe up on app you do not need to run in the background.
If you are still experiencing issues and this list has not helped please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.