About this feature:
Your company has enrolled in our Commute feature which means that your roundtrip commute distance will be subtracted from your work mileage.
What is a commute?
A commute is the roundtrip distance from your home to your place of work.
- TO: My house to my office = 11 miles
- FROM: My office to my house = 11 miles
- Roundtrip Daily Commute = 22 miles
How does commute work?
There are two ways that commute can be deducted from your work mileage. Your company sets which commute type you are using.
Commute is deducted from the total recorded mileage for the day
- You drive a total of 100 miles in 1 day, this is your Gross Mileage.
- Your commute is 20 miles
- 100 miles (gross mileage) - 20 miles (commute) = 80 miles
- Your Net Mileage = 80 miles
First and Last
Commute is deducted from the first and last trips of the day
- Your first drive of the day is 10 miles. Your last drive of the day is 15 miles.
- Your commute is 20 miles.
- 10 miles (half of your commute) will be deducted from your first trip.
- 10 miles (half of your commute) will be deducted from your last trip.
What if I don’t have a commute?
- If you don’t have a commute, set your commute mileage to 0 miles
I don’t want any miles to be deducted from my paycheck
- Your company policy has defined that they will not reimburse you for the miles that you drive to and from the company office
- If you fail to add your roundtrip daily commute, you may have up to 50 miles taken out of your daily work mileage.
- If you have more questions about deducting commute from your mileage, contact your manager
Why can’t I edit my commute?
- If you can see your commute distance but are unable to edit it, that is because your company has pre-set this distance for you and disabled editing
- If you want to make a change to this amount please contact your team manager and request changes