We are excited to launch a BETA version of our commute feature. This is a feature that has been widely requested by our Everlance Business customers and we are excited to be able to support companies who want to deduct commute from their drivers’ total mileage.
About the feature:
The Commute feature allows companies to subtract commute miles from the total number of miles that their drivers drive every day. This ensures that companies are not reimbursing drivers for drives that happen between their home and their place of work.
What is a commute?
A commute is the roundtrip distance from a driver’s home to their place of work.
- TO: My house to my office = 11 miles
- FROM: My office to my house = 11 miles
Roundtrip Daily Commute = 22 miles
How does it work?
- If your company wants to enable the Commute feature for your drivers, you can turn it on in your Team Settings under Account Preferences.
- In order to set the commute distance for each team member you can choose between the following:
- Ask team members to set their roundtrip daily commute distance in their Everlance mobile app
- Set the roundtrip daily commute distance for your team members
- Set a default roundtrip daily commute distance for your team
- If you want drivers to set their own commute distance - they can do so in their mobile app in Profile Settings, as long as you have enabled the Commute Feature for your team.
- If you want to set the commute distance for your drivers, send a CSV file with your drivers’ names and roundtrip daily commute distances to your customer success agent.
- If you want to set a default roundtrip daily commute distance your team - enter the number of miles you want to be subtracted from every member who does not have a commute set.
- Once your team members have set their commute distances (or you have set it for them), that distance will be subtracted from their total miles every day that they drive, including weekends.
- You will be able to see their Net Mileage (Total miles - commute distance) on a Report that they submit for approval on the dashboard and when that report is downloaded.
- Commute distance and net mileage are not included on data exports at this time.
How do I turn on Commute for my drivers?
You can turn on or off the Commute feature for your teams and sub-teams in Team Settings → Account Preferences.
What if my drivers don’t set their commute distance?
If you are having trouble getting your drivers to set their roundtrip daily commute distance you can either:
- Set a default amount that will be subtracted from all team members’ who have not set their commute distance
- Individually set the commute distance for them on your Team Dashboard by going to their member profile and adjusting the commute distance
- Keep emailing them until they edit their commute distances :)