The "Approval Flow" is an important part of the Reports features. It behaves like a map for how the Reports be submitted/approved and it determines what happens to a Report after it has been submitted by the employee.
Since the Approval Flow is such an important component, only the Account Owner/Primary Administrator can create or edit the Approval Flow.
Watch the video demonstration or keep scrolling down to read through the step-by-step instructions!
Step 1: Click on "Team Settings" on the bottom of the left hand sidebar menu of the Team Dashboard.
Step 2: Click "Approval Flow"
Step 3: Click "+ Add Step" to add to your Approval Flow. You can add or remove approvers, set up multi-level approvals, add a payer, or send someone a copy.
- The Approval Flow defines what happens after a report has been submitted.
- Only the Account owners can adjust the approval flow.
Here are the following roles/actions you can include in the Approval Flow:
- Team Lead Needs to Approve (default): The team member’s direct manager will approve the submitted report. If there are multiple approvers, we recommend you keep this as the first step / first approver.
- Needs to Approve: Assign a person who needs to approve submitted reports.
- Needs to Mark as Paid: Assign the person who needs to mark reports that have been paid.
- Receives a copy: Assign a person who will be forwarded a copy of all reports at the selected step.
You can add any combination of these steps to your approval flow; however, there must be at least one step in the approval flow at all times.
Step 4: Click one of the "Save" buttons to save the changes.
Step 5: Done! The next report that is submitted by an employee will follow the latest Approval Flow.
Have a question? Please email us at email@example.com and we'll be glad to help!