It's the beginning of the year and you log into your app and there are trips missing from your mileage log. Here are a few reason on why this can happen and what you can do to fix this and prevent it in the future. We always recommend you contact our support team and we can walk through any issues with you.
1. Not opening the app for multiple weeks or months.
- How it happens: Since the Everlance app utilizes multiple sensors in your phone (GPS, motion and fitness) it is always recommended to open the app a few times in a week at-least to make sure everything is correctly running in the background and enable the app to reconnect with the phone sensors.
- Solution: Contact support and we can help walk you through how to add past trips in. In the future, please open the app multiple times a week.
2. No trips appearing on your phone but do on the web.
- How it happens: The phone may be reset for the year and so all your trips from last year are logged under 2018 and the phone is showing trips for 2019.
- Solution: The fix for this is simple. On your home screen, select "This Year" on top right of mileage chart > Select "Last Year" > You should now see last years trips.
Any other issues? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with us in the app.
As a reminder, starting the tracker manually will always be the most accurate method and using it once can sometimes help the automatic tracker rest and work again, but below is a list of things that may have gone wrong:
- Turn on Cellular Data (Settings-> Network -> Data Usage)
- Disable Data Saver To ensure your drives are properly recorded, you will need to allow Everlance to circumvent the Data Saver setting by enabling Unrestricted data usage for Everlance. The setting name can vary by device type but search for phrases like "Data Saver" “Set Mobile Data Limit” or "Restrict Background Data." Make sure the settings are “Off” for data usage in the Everlance app.
- Update to the latest version. Go to Play Store -> Settings Button -> My apps -> Everlance -> Update.
- Turn off App, Battery, and Memory Optimization Settings for Everlance. Settings designed to save battery life or free up memory can cause trip detection to stop working unexpectedly.
- Enable High Accuracy in Location (Settings -> Location -> High Accuracy)
- Turn WiFi on (even if you're on the road, having Wifi on greatly improves tracking)
- Make sure Auto Detection is On. (Open the app->Tracker Settings -> Auto Detect-> On)
- If you have Auto Classify, make sure to check for new trips by opening the app, go to the Trips tab, and select "All" (top navigation).
- Manually start one trip. If trips are not starting automatically, please try to start one manually by clicking the + button and then "Start Tracker". This can help 'reset' the tracker so after the current trip it starts tracking automatically
- Delete and re-install the app. You can login again with your current email and password. None of your data will be lost as everything is stored securely on our servers.
- Install an app called GPS Status & Toolbox, make sure that the "Locating GPS" spinner goes away and you are able to get GPS signal.
- If your GPS can't get a good signal, then in that app, go to Menu > Manage A-GPS State > click Reset
- Make sure you have the latest version of Google Play Services on your device. Everlance uses Google technology, so it needs to be up-to-date in order for the app to work properly. You can search for "Google Services" or "Carrier Services" in the Google Play Store and check the version and when it was last updated.
If you are still experiencing issues and this list has not helped please contact us at email@example.com.