Did Everlance miss your trip using the automatic tracker? As a reminder, starting the tracker manually will always be the most accurate method and using it once can sometimes help the automatic tracker rest and work again, but below is a list of things that may have gone wrong:
- Turn on Cellular Data (Settings-> Network -> Data Usage)
- Disable Data Saver To ensure your drives are properly recorded, you will need to allow Everlance to circumvent the Data Saver setting by enabling Unrestricted data usage for Everlance. The setting name can vary by device type but search for phrases like "Data Saver" “Set Mobile Data Limit” or "Restrict Background Data." Make sure the settings are “Off” for data usage in the Everlance app.
- Update to the latest version. Go to Play Store -> Settings Button -> My apps -> Everlance -> Update.
- Turn off App, Battery, and Memory Optimization Settings for Everlance. Settings designed to save battery life or free up memory can cause trip detection to stop working unexpectedly.
- Enable High Accuracy in Location (Settings -> Location -> High Accuracy)
- Turn WiFi on (even if you're on the road, having Wifi on greatly improves tracking)
- Make sure Auto Detection is On. (Open the app->Tracker Settings -> Auto Detect-> On)
- If you have Auto Classify, make sure to check for new trips by opening the app, go to the Trips tab, and select "All" (top navigation).
- Manually start one trip. If trips are not starting automatically, please try to start one manually by clicking the + button and then "Start Tracker". This can help 'reset' the tracker so after the current trip it starts tracking automatically
- Delete and re-install the app. You can login again with your current email and password. None of your data will be lost as everything is stored securely on our servers.
- Install an app called GPS Status & Toolbox, make sure that the "Locating GPS" spinner goes away and you are able to get GPS signal.
- If your GPS can't get a good signal, then in that app, go to Menu > Manage A-GPS State > click Reset
If you are still experiencing issues and this list has not helped please contact us at email@example.com.